Come join in the fun… and let’s get Anthony mobile!
A group of Anthony’s friends are offering you a great night out with a difference! The money raised from the event will kickstart a fundraising campaign that will hopefully contribute towards the £13,000 required to fund and purchase a mobility chair for Anthony Westbrook. How can you help? By wearing red and having fun!
Tickets are selling fast, don’t miss out! Join us…
- Sat 13 January 2024
- 7pm-12 midnight
- £5 entry per person. Tickets (cash only please) are available from our bar staff from 4pm Mon-Fri & from 12 noon Sat & Sun
- Delicious Hotpot
- DJ: Dance the night away to your favourite songs
- Bingo: Fun guaranteed – are you feeling lucky?
- Amazing auction prizes!! See list below
- Raffle Prizes: Including a signed Nobby Stiles book & more! If you’re able to donate a raffle prize on the night, it would be most welcome – thank you!
- Play Your Cards Right: Will you go higher or lower to be in with a chance of winning some cash?
- And The Theme? Anthony is a huge Man Utd fan, if you could wear clothing and/or accessories that’s either Man Utd themed or red in colour so we can turn the room red, that really would be amazing!
Incredible Auction Prizes!
You could be the winner of any of the following prizes, many of which are valued at over £200!
- 2 MAN UTD v LIVERPOOL FC tickets for 6 April
- Man UTD shirt signed by… Sir Bobby Charlton!
- 7 days FREE static caravan holiday at Haven Lakeland’s leisure park in Flookburgh, Cumbria
- FREE VW Camper Van hire for a week
- Framed & signed photo of Pele
- Framed & signed 1999 Man Utd Champions League team photo
- Original artwork of George Best by a local artist
- Original artwork of Eric Cantona by a local artist
- Voucher towards house sale conveyancing by LHT Solicitors
- Chanel No 5 perfume… the perfect Valentine’s gift!
- Please note: Some higher value prizes have a reserve price starting from £150 or more
Approx Timings For The Evening Are…
- 8pm Bingo
- 8:30pm Hotpot available. Ticket holders who pre-purchased their ticket up to the day before the event have priority and will be invited to obtain food first. Ticket holders who purchased their ticket on the day or who paid on the door will be served aferwards, subject to availability. Ticket holders must show their ticket to obtain food.
- 9pm Play Your Cards Right
- 9pm-10pm DJ
- 10pm Auction. If you wish to bid for an auction item and you’re unable to attend the fundraiser, please email your auction bid by 12 noon on Saturday 13 January to email@example.com stating your NAME, PHONE NUMBER, THE ITEM YOU’RE BIDDING FOR & THE VALUE OF YOUR BID (i.e. £200, £250 etc).
- 10:30pm Raffle
- 10:30pm-Midnight DJ & dancing
Tickets For Bingo, Play Your Cards Right & The Raffle
Raffle tickets will be sold for the above games/competitions:
- Tickets will be sold as a strip only: £5 for 5 tickets
- Bingo & Play Your Cards Right = 4 tickets
- Raffle = 1 ticket. Additional raffle tickets available on request
- Approx half of the Bingo & Play Your Cards Right proceeds will go towards the prize fund!
- The raffle proceeds will go towards the fundraising total
How Can I Donate?
If you’d like to make a donation, large or small, to help Anthony reach his £13,000 total and gain his independence, donations are more than welcome and can be made quickly, easily and securely online by visiting Anthony’s Road To Recovery & Independence Go Fund Me page.
Raffle and auction prizes are also welcome and can be donated on the night.
Why Is This Fundraising Event So Vital?
Many of you who’ve been in our clubhouse over the years will have had the pleasure of being served by our treasured barman, Anthony Westbrook.
Anthony has been a member of our bar staff since 2006. Known and loved by our player and social members, our committee, cricket officials, spectators and visitors alike, he’s always been a loyal, dependable and highly respected member of the St Annes CC staff.
Anthony’s health took an unexpected turn for the worse when he was diagnosed with an inoperable tumour on his spine, a medical condition that turned his world upside down and since his diagnosis, he has been unable to work due to his mobility being incredibly restricted – he is paralysed from the chest down.
Since September 2022, Anthony has been in hospital care. His mobility has reached a point where he is no longer able to stand unaided and a mobility chair is desperately needed to help him gain some independence.
It is only when he becomes more mobile and can live independently, that he has a chance of returning home. A mobility chair will go a long way to helping him get there.
The cost of a mobility chair to meet Anthony’s needs is in the region of £13,000
Thank you so much for your support and to everyone who’s donated money and prizes! Together, we can make a real difference to Anthony’s quality of life.. and help him to return home.