Cricket Practice During COVID-19 Pandemic
Following the latest Government announcement on the easing of the lockdown restrictions and the updated ECB guidance, we’re now able to offer nets practice and training on the pitch from Tuesday 30 March 2021.
To participate in any outdoor training at St Annes CC you must agree to our Terms & Conditions, which include the conditions set out below:
BOOKINGS MUST BE MADE BY SENOR TEAM CAPTAINS OR JUNIOR TEAM MANAGERS/COACHES ONLY
- ONLY PLAYERS, MANAGERS & COACHES WHO HAVE PRE-BOOKED & WHO ARE LISTED ON A CONFIRMED BOOKING ARE PERMITTED TO TRAIN AT A SESSION
- Bookings for both nets & training on the pitch MUST be made at least 24 hours in advance using the online booking form below
- Full names & contact phone numbers of all participants are required. This is a requirement under the ECB guidelines. Please ensure you have this information to hand prior to completing the booking form for your group/participants
- A Club Representative (either our Senior Cricket Chairman Richard Dearden or our Junior Cricket Chairman Neil Bradley) must be in attendance at all sessions – if a Club Representative cannot be present at the time of your booking, we will contact you to advise of an alternative date & time
- Booking slots are for 1 hour
- PARENTS MUST drop off & collect their child maintaining 2m social distancing & must not stand around the perimeter of the nets during the session
- PARENTS & SPECTATORS: Under the ECB guidance, spectators are not permitted in any indoor or outdoor cricket facility unless you’re a carer for a child with a disability or you’re an adult needed to supervise an under-18 in a safeguarding role (supervising adults must not mix with others from outside their household bubble).
Do not attend if you or anyone in your household displays symptoms or your household is currently in isolation
Arrive 5 minutes before your session & SOCIAL DISTANCE AT ALL TIMES. Do not overstay your allocated time slot, you should be clear of the area by the time the next users arrive. PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR ALLOCATED GROUP
Sanitise your hands at home before & after use of the facility. Bring your own hand sanitiser where possible. Avoid touching as much as possible whilst on club premises & use cleaning stations/hand sanitiser when available
Park in the car park in alternate spaces leaving an empty space in between. Travel together as a household. Avoid public transport.
2m SOCIAL DISTANCING
Ensure social distancing of at least 2 metres at all times (except between members of the same household)
Players must remain in their allocated group at all times and must not mix with other groups
No saliva or sweat should be applied to the ball at any time. Bring your own playing/training equipment, including balls. The batter MUST NOT pick up the ball to return it to the bowler. Bring your own filled drinking bottles. Do not leave private property behind. If bowling machines are used, please ensure they are cleaned thoroughly between uses with dry cleaning products & that all balls used are cleaned with a suitable viricidal disinfectant (this is the responsibility of the bowling machine operator). As always, minimise the risk of injury by wearing helmets & pads etc
All senior players/junior parents are to report any infection in their household after using the facilities to allow effective contact tracing & to limit the spread of the virus