On Thursday 2nd June 2022, the first day of the Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend, we’re excited to announce that we’re hosting Andrew ‘Freddie’ Flintoff and friends and St Annes CC past and present players, who’ll take part in a cricket fundraiser, the proceeds of which will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Society – a care and research charity for people with dementia and their carers.
- Fixtures: 11-a-side T20 cricket matches – think big hitters & lots of wickets!
- Excitement! 6’s, 4’s, wickets tumbling & meet your hero – watch all the excitement you can handle LIVE at St Annes CC!
- Arrival: Gates open at 12pm. Players to arrive at 12pm
- Start: Wickets pitched at 1pm
- FREE ENTRY! Entry is free, although we and all the players would be incredibly thankful if you could make a £5 donation to the Alzheimer’s Society (or whatever you can afford – any amount, large or small, from pennies to pounds, would greatly benefit the charity) – thank you!
- Pavilion Bar: The clubhouse bar will be open from 12 noon serving a superb variety of drinks
- Spectators welcome: Gather your family & friends, let the good times roll & let’s make it a day to remember!
Alcohol must not be brought into the grounds or premises at any time – bag checks may be carried out. The clubhouse bar will be open throughout & drinks will also be available from our Beer, Prosecco & Cocktail Festival bars. Enjoy!
Why We’re Fundraising For The Alzheimer’s Society
The Alzheimer’s Society is a charity very close to our hearts. One of our former Club Presidents, Brian Standing, was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in recent years.
Brian and Andrew’s Grandad Harry Hargreaves – 2 finer gentlemen you could not wish to meet – supported our senior and junior teams for many years while sitting on a bench on the boundary, merrily chatting away (pictured below).
Andrew has chosen to host this cricket fundraiser match at St Annes CC in memory of his beloved Grandad Harry and Brian, and to raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Society charity.
100% of every donation received will go towards the Alzheimer’s Society – thank you for supporting this very worthy cause
Past & Present Players Taking To The Field Include…
- Andrew ‘Freddie’ Flintoff MBE: former England International, Lancashire County Cricket Club & St Annes CC player, TV presenter, broadcaster, cricketing legend, Wisden Cricketer of the Year 2004, BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2005 & ICC Player of the Year 2005. Andrew represented England in 79 Tests, 141 one-day internationals & seven Twenty20 games. He also made 80 first-class appearances for Lancashire, scoring 4,042 runs at 35.14 & taking 92 wickets at 29.16.
- Friends of Andrew Flintoff: to be confirmed
- Dave ‘Barty’ Bartholomew: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Neil ‘Peel’ Bradley: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Russ ‘Doigy’ Bradley: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Aiden ‘Boony’ Cotton: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Adrian ‘Dosser’ Darlington: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Ben Dowling: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Matt ‘Grinders’ Grindley: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Chris Harrison: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Andy Kellett: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Elliott McKnight: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Kush Mirando: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Matt Taaffe: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Dave ‘DT’ Taylor: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Dave ‘Watty’ Watson: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Duncan ‘Dunc’ Whalley: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Johnny Ashworth: former St Annes CC 2nd XI player
- Ian ‘Balders’ Baldwin: former St Annes CC 2nd XI player
- James Ellis: former St Annes CC 1st XI player
- Dave ‘Tarkers’ Hartley: former St Annes CC 2nd XI player
- Paul ‘Willy’ Williams: former St Annes CC 2nd XI player
- Rob Buffham: former St Annes CC 3rd XI player
- Roger Hughes: former St Annes CC 3rd XI player
1st XI Northern Permier Cricket League Champions 1996 with St Annes CC Club Chairman Brian Standing, Andrew’s Dad Colin Flintoff & scorer Steve
Join us for what promises to be a superb day for friends & family – be part of something special!
Let’s unite as one big community to cherish and remember those we’ve loved and lost while celebrating the spirit of cricket, showing that together… we are stronger!
How To Get Here
Directions can be found on our Contact page here: Directions
Did You Know? It’s Also Our Beer, Prosecco & Cocktail Festival Wed 1 June – Sun 5 June!!
You’re in for a treat over the Jubilee Bank Holiday! Offering dozens of tasty and refreshing beers and spirits, there’ll be something to tickle your taste buds over what promises to be a spectacular bank holiday weekend.
- Festival drinks
- Food available throughout
- Live music Friday to Sunday
- Wednesday: Quiz, bingo & play your cards right
- Thursday Evening: Texas Holdem Poker Tournament
- FREE ENTRY!
Be In The Know
Want to know more about upcoming events and more? Read our latest news.
Join Our Cricket Family
Become a St Annes CC member! Discover social and player membership benefits here. Social membership is available from as little as £6 per year!
St Annes CC Awards & Honours
View our senior and junior cricket achievements here.